This Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is the perfect comforting bowl of pasta for dinner! This plant-based twist on it makes no compromises in flavour or a meaty-texture, and is jam-packed with protein too! Serve with a side of garlic bread, a garden salad, or even a tiramisu for dessert, and enjoy a classical Italian feast for dinner!
Here’s our take on this Italian staple, made with our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1½ cup prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pasta + Sauce
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 garlics cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600g crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup red wine
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™.
- Mix prepared Neokit with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sautée for 3 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Add Neokit, breaking apart as you cook. Cook for about five minutes, or until browned.
- Add red wine and bring to a simmer. Cooking for one minute until the alcohol has reduced. If not using red wine, add 1/3 cup of water to deglaze the pan.
- Add crushed tomatoes, thyme, oregano, and sugar. Stir and bring to a simmer on medium low for 20-30 minutes.
- After cooking spaghetti according to the label, mix into the sauce and serve!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!